Saturday, April 2, 2011

COPING WITH LOSS

Girls, at some point through our journey of grief, we wander upon a fork in the road:  we can turn left and drown in our misery, or we can venture to the right onto a path of fresh foliage, unexperienced smells, and draw in the oxygen of new life.

For myself, I veered to the right (just a wee bit!!) and entered my creative world.  This painting is a gift to one of my children.  I always viewed myself as a writer, but because I love the visual arts so well, I wanted to direct my hands into the world of painting.  This work was born out of my emotional center. I desired to express that in life, when mud is thrown in our face, we fall down seeing ourselves as dirty, unclean, and shameful.  But the cross of our Lord and the price that He paid bursts into an explosive energy and new life that unconditionally gives us the strength to create "New Beginnings."  Hence, the name of this piece!!

I am beginning to feel some of that craziness coming back.  Watch out, Grandmas!!



  

1 comment: