Thursday, October 21, 2010

I DON'T WANT TO BE "THE APRIL POSTER GIRL" FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was April 25, 2010.  My beloved was gone for the weekend.....he flew to Arizona so he was a long, long ways away.  It was a Sunday morning and I was getting ready to drive my 30-minute drive to church.  I had baked blueberry muffins the night before for our Adult Bible Fellowship.  Everything felt normal to me.  I had had a good night of sleep....just happy as a lark!  As I was getting dressed, I felt a pressure tightening in my chest.  I had felt this before so I just blew it off.  But it was a more extensive pressure over my whole chest area which did seem a little unusual.  I was picking up Grandma Mo so I just thought, "If this doesn't go away I'll go to the emergency room after I drop off my muffins."  Isn't it the strangest phenomenon that we women always put FOOD FIRST?????  As I was in the garage approaching my jeep, the pressure went into my neck and throat.  NOW I AM TROUBLED!!  But I did not want to worry my mother so I picked her up and we started toward the four-lane highway.  Before long, I confessed to my mom what was going on, stopped the car, and asked her to drive.  I instructed her to continue on to church AS I HAD TO DELIVER THOSE PRECIOUS BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!!  The grimaced look she gave me was one of disbelief.  Within 1 minute we were turning around and heading straight for the emergency room. 

I was in the middle of a HEART ATTACK!!!  Now I want you all to know something....this wild 'n crazy grandma is the epitome, the embodiment of a woman who exercises five days a week, 30 minutes a day, eats RABBIT FOOD 24/7, and DOES ALL THE STINKIN' RIGHT THINGS!!!!


             CARDIAC REHAB "APRIL POSTER GIRL"


Guess what I realized?  The Wild 'n Crazy Grandma is not really in control of her life.  But it seems like I always strive to be the "Manager of the Universe."  My Lord, thankfully, is in control of my life and all happenings in this universe!  I praise Him for the peace and hope and courage He gives me.  

Have you ever heard of the little five-year old boy who was afraid of the dark?  One night he woke up and called for his daddy.  "Daddy, I am scared to be alone in the dark!"  His daddy hurried into his room and said, "Tommy, why are you afraid?  Don't you know that Jesus is with you and will take care of you??"  Tommy's eyes opened wide as he looked up in his daddy's face and he said, "Yes, Daddy, but I want Jesus with skin on!"

That is what my heart's desire is for my dozen grandchildren.  I want to be "Jesus with skin on" as I listen to what is important to each of them.   I desire to love them as Jesus loves them.  I want to be an example of Christ and His Word with every ounce of my being!!

No comments:

Post a Comment