Thursday, December 16, 2010

SUPER SOUP SUPPER FOR CHRISTMAS EVE!!

NINE MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!  Guess what the wild and crazy gramma has been doing every day this week!??  I have been stirring up my brew!  We have a tradition that I just love.  Every Christmas Eve we have four soups to choose from, and every year they're the same four!  That's because Matt likes chili and Sarah likes chicken noodle, and Grandpa Bill loves my vegetable beef.  Soooooo...I thought I'd share a recipe with my readers this morning.  KILLER GARLIC VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP!





GARLIC VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP


I BUY A MARBLED CHUCK ROAST WITH THE BONE IN. SALT AND PEPPER ROAST AND SEAR ON ALL SIDES ADDING CLOVES OF FRESH GARLIC AS YOU BROWN IT.  PLACE IN ROASTING PAN WITH 1/2 CUP WATER.  CUT YELLOW ONION AND PLACE DESIRED AMOUNT OF ONION ON TOP OF ROAST.  ADD AGAIN FRESH GARLIC.  COVER AND COOK SLOWLY AT 325 DEGREES UNTIL TENDER.

WHILE ROAST IS COOKING, CUT UP VEGETABLES. (I PREFER TO CUT UP IN SMALLER SIZES LIKE 1/2 INCH CUBES OF POTATOES.)   I USE 2-3 LARGE POTATOES, 3 OR 4 CARROTS, CANNED GREEN BEANS, DRAINED OR SNAP SWEET PEAS, 1 LRG ONION, AND I THROW IN SOME FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES.  YOU CAN ADD VEGETABLES AT YOUR LIKING. 

AFTER THEY ARE CUT UP, BROWN ALL VEGGIES IN OLIVE OIL AND FRESH GARLIC UNTIL SEMI-TENDER. 

AFTER ROAST IS COOKED, ALLOW TO COOL.  SHRED INTO BITE-SIZE PIECES.  KEEP SHREDDED MEAT IN ROASTING PAN IF SUITABLE FOR ADDING STOCK AND VEGETABLES.  IF NOT, TRANSFER ALL THE DRIPPINGS INTO SOUP POT.  ADD EMERIL'S OR RACHEL RAY'S BEEF STOCK (NOT BROTH).  I USE TWO OF THE LARGE STOCK SIZE CARTONS.  ADD THE VEGETABLES AND SIMMER UNTIL VEGETABLES ARE TENDER.  KEEP TESTING BROTH FOR SEASONING PREFERENCES. 

I hope your family enjoys this as much as ours!  Even the kids will eat this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment