Friday, May 27, 2011

DON'T WORRY; THINK ORANGE RAINBOWS

Hey, there's been a lot of bad news lately.  This weather stuff is CRAZY!  All these destructive tornadoes wreaking devastation!  Then there are public figures' lives being split apart by infidelity and sexual addictions!  And what about the financial condition of our country?  What about so many Americans being out of work and out of money?????

The list goes on and on.  If we morbidly obsess about all these downers, we will get depressed which adversely affects ourselves and each other.  A couple years ago someone coined the phrase, "Don't worry; Be Happy!"

My four-year old granddaughter, Finley, inspired this post.  She LOVES rainbows and the color orange.  Whenever she is in the car with me, she is finding paintings in the sky.  She optimistically points out the beauty above and beyond in the blueness of the limitless sky.  Have you ever thought about WHERE the sky ENDS????

Her mommy asked her the other day, "Fin, what makes you happy?" 

Finley's answer:  "When I feel good and don't complicate things!" 

Now Grandmas everywhere, think about what this four-year old said.  At first, I just smiled and thought that what she said was cute.  But as I thought further, I had to admit that there was a lot of truth in her words.  A lot of my fretful thinking and angst results from my "complicating" things!  I guess she inspired me to think  SIMPLY "orange rainbows!"

1.  God has provided me with a home that I love.
2.  I have a wonderful husband and four fantastic children.
3.  I don't need "things."
4.  I can get by on less.
5.  Less money can produce creativity and interpersonal mutual dependency.
6.  Bad times give me opportunities to help others.
7.  The list goes on!..........

I think I'll sign off and clean my house.  It is a SIMPLE thing I need to do!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment