Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011 TOP FIVE LIST FOR GRANDMAS

THINGS FOR WHICH WE ARE THANKFUL

#5  The best things about being a grandma are:
  • Rocking my new-born grandbaby to sleep
  • Reading stores to squirming preschoolers with eager faces who hang onto every word you read to them!
  • Listening to my grandkids revealing their worlds to me


#4  The definition of "grandmothering" is.... "allowing GOD
      to love my grandchildren through ME."



#3   Words Grandmas love to hear from their grandkids:
  • "Gramma, you're so beautiful," as she rubs her fingers through my hair.
  • "Gramma, your macaroni and cheese is the BEST!"  (I use Kraft Mac and Cheese with real butter....NAUGHTY GRANDMA...SHAME ON YOU!)
  • "Gramma, pleaseeeeee!  Can I come up and stay overnight at your house, PLEASE?!!!


#2  Grandchildren keep you humble, grounded in reality,   
      psychologically stable!!
  • "Grandma, what are those ugly freckles all over your hands??  Ewwwwwww, you have a huge one on your face......YUCK!"
  • "Grandma, you have bad breath.  Go get some of Mommy's gum....I don't wanna sit by you!"
  • "Grandma, why are my hands smooth and soft and your hands are wrinkly and feel bumpy?"                                
l

And now the #1 reason for which I am thankful:

#1: MY FAVORITE PLUMBING FIXTURE IS. . .                  
     THE TOILET!!!
     I am thankful for toilets for a number of reasons.
  • They are INSIDE.
  • They FLUSH.
  • They, unlike outhouses, prevent the stench from becoming a reeking fug.
      Just imagine potty training a 3-yr. old princess through a
      foot of snow en route to the outhouse, teeth chattering in
      the chilling wind and greeting darkness with a lit match
      or candle, only to view a splinter-infested toilet seat. 
      Then, behold, as you pull down her panties before lifting
      her upon the throne, your hand feels soaked underwear
      as she cries, "Gamma, I wet my panties!"
                                                           
                                        

1 comment:

  1. About #2: I get frequent quizzing about the various moles and "maturity spots" that adorn my otherwise gorgeous face! Recently my 6-year-old granddaughter asked, "Do you need Proactiv?"

    ReplyDelete