Thursday, January 6, 2011

TREASURE THE GIFT OF LIFE!!!

December was a crazy month of ups-and-downs!!!  The death of our friend, the stress of the holidays, medical issues, and my eldest son's critical surgery was enough to put the wild and crazy grandma UNDER!!!  Thank my Lord for His strength and love to keep me from falling apart.

There are many ways to be refreshed.  Some read books (that's me), others go into denial, some reach out to friends and are truly "refueled,"  but below was God's prescription for me:


                       GOD'S RX FOR GRANDMA!!!


The symptoms:  overly stressed, blubberly butt, and limited exercise - hand to mouth, hand to mouth, and grouchiness.  Boy, the Lord knew -- ARIZONA was what Grandma needed to get back in shape!!!  So here am I with my hubby in sunny Arizona, with temperatures averaging low to mid-60's.  I'll take that.


              Our Family Thanks God for Jeremy's Life!!


Remember the critical surgery that I mentioned?  This is my eldest son Jeremy.  Do you know what a blessing it is to see this picture with him able to stand up, able to move his arms, able to swallow??  I realize that we take life soooooo for granted!!  Mid-December he was having difficulty walking, writing and other issues that indicated he was experiencing spinal impingement.  The doctors felt like they needed to operate immediately to prevent paralysis in his upper extremities.  He is the daddy of four of my grandchildren. 

This put our whole family in turmoil.  WOW, did all of us get on our knees and cry out to God?  YOU BET WE DID!!  Because his wife had to attend her uncle's funeral in another state, Jeremy presently is staying with us.  In beautiful Arizona, Bill and I are nursing him back to health.  It seems that since the surgery, Jeremy has a different perspective on his 38 years of life.  He told us:  "It is true that most of us, if not all, take life for granted.  After going through this experience, I can say that I have a deeper God-given appreciation for this wonderful life with which He has blessed us all."  And folks, what more can I say?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have really had some challenges lately! Enjoy the exercise and sunshine--although I really don't see a blubbery butt!

    ReplyDelete