Wednesday, June 22, 2011

IDENTITY THEFT!! GRANDMAS BEWARE!!


Am I significant because I planned and survived Camp Grandma 2?

Is my worth based on the amount of time I spend with my grandchildren?

Would I be a better person if I bought each of my grandkids more material things?

I think you get the point.  I have to stop my busyness, my planning, my routine to ask myself these kinds of questions.  Especially after the four days I spent with Lauren and Carter.  Wow, it was a great success!!  I know the kids will hold many memories of Camp Grandma!

But is who I am based on the kind of grandma I am?  I get so wrapped up in my kids and grandkids that I DO begin to lose my identity.  I have to remember that I am a significant person just for being who I was created to be.

My identity is not dependent on what my grandkids think of me.  Or how much they want to be with me or how cool they think I am. 

I have to remember that life in my 60's has to have a "look of its own."  If I allow my identity to be stolen by others, I have missed the joy of LIVING MY OWN LIFE!

Just a thought....

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I have friends who have quit their jobs to provide child care for grandkids, friends who willingly move in with their kids for weeks to help out with the grandkids. In the absence of some dire need, I'm not willing to do that. I like living my own life, too!

    ReplyDelete