Saturday, June 18, 2011

NO, SHE IS NOT DEAD.....JUST IN A COMATOSE STATE


GIVE THE POOR GRANDMA A BREAK, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD.  THE GIRL JUST HIKED 2 MILES IN A CANYON INFESTED WITH BUTTERFLIES NEWLY HATCHED FROM A BILLION COCOONS!

THE HIKE STARTED THIS AFTERNOON AND GRANDPA BILL ACCOMPANIED THE HIKERS ( A very good thing as this was a treacherous hike on extremely steep canyon walls.)

The area was flooded so we had to park away from the river and walk into the state park.  That in itself was a hike.  However, to enter the canyon area was a tough climb, both up and down.  The drop-offs along the trail frightened me as I held on to the hands of my precious cargo.


Carter and Lauren were up for the challenge.  This pic was taken before all their energy was zapped!!

When we reached the bottom of the canyon, little capillaries of the river were pleasurable wading pools by the canyon walls.  The walls were made from sandstone, and the lichen growing on the rock and trees was central to my campers' study for the weekend.






 On the way to the canyon hundreds of butterflies greeted us!  They looked somewhat like monarchs, but I realize that is impossible this early in the summer.  At any rate, I did not appreciate their invading my space!!!


The campers shared with me that Day #2 was their favorite hiking extravaganza!  We really did have a super time.  Talk about memories!!!


Camp Grandma 2 is now an established success.  Hey, if you don't succeed, try, try again!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled that everyone enjoyed Camp Grandma 2. But I'm sure that your everyday interactions with your grandchildren are also loads of fun. (Love the exhausted grandma picture. Looks just like me after my grands depart!)

    ReplyDelete